If you can boil water and mince herbs you can make tabbouleh.
It’s a simple, FRESH, healthy dish that is splendid over crunchy romaine lettuce (lechuga criolla) and a perfect lunch for a hot and humid summer day.
The whole receta takes about 30 minutes and the cost and clean up is minimal.
NOLAchef Tabbouleh ::
- roma tomatos/ tomate pepitas
- bulgur/ burgol
- lemon/ limon
- green onion/ verdeo
- parsley/ perejil
- mint/ menta
- cilantro/ cilantro
- olive oil/ aceite de oliva
- salt & pepper/ sal y pimienta
Always begin with the bulgur since it needs 30 minutes to cook. Boil some water and place the bulgur in a bowl (2 parts water to 1 part bulgur). Once the water is boiling pour it over the grains, cover (a towel is fine), and set aside. Start prepping vegetables.
Why I ♥ Tabbouleh ::
- Bulgur (the tiny brown grains) is loaded with fiber and protein.
- HERBS, the more the better. Some use just parsley, others use a combination of parsley, mint, & cilantro.
- Super moist gracias a juicy tomatos.
- Diverse!! Eat it on it’s own, over some mixed greens, or fresh pita with hummus! YUM.