It’s about that time!
Another Pop-Up at Nola Gastropub, tomorrow Monday, October 13.
We’re going island style with Chef Jose Alvarez who will be taking over the kitchen for the night with a Puerto Rican menu featuring five colorful dishes.
All I know is this…
– There will be plantains, both savory and sweet. A trio of fried tostones served with shredded pork & pickled onions, and others that are seared in butter for a salad for all you vegetarians out there.
– Pulpo aka octopus! Cooked confit. YES, octopus confit!
– Traditional Puerto Rican beans and rice with grated plantains, pumpkin and herbs.
– Tres leches! Originally Jose was wanting goat style but sadly we couldn’t find any fresh goats milk. No importa, va a estar delicioso!
– HOMEMADE PINA COLADAS. For real. We’ve got coconuts. There is rum. Pineapples. Shits gettin real.
– Puerto Rican salsa music!!
Oh my god I’m so excited.
And I get to help in the kitchen! Yes, chef! So freakin’ pumped to be working alongside such a talented mo fo.
As every Monday, doors open at 5 and close around midnight.
Our last Pop-Up the kitchen was sold out within 2-3 hours. We’re preparing more, but still it’s best to come early!!
Happy Hour 5-8 with pints of Broeders on tap for 30 pesos.
No reservations, cash only and we’re in Palermo- Gorriti 4389 esquina a Julian Alvarez.
Hasta mañana amigos!